An Argument for gun rights-
I want to use an example from Israel or I believe Sweden. Both of these nations have instead of gun control have gun safety that every person learns at some point in their life. In Israel all children go to school and after they graduate high school go into the military for at least two years. This is very good for something like gun control, because it shows everyone how to use, maintain, and store a fire arm. It also weeds out all those who are unfit to have a fire arm, which helps to stop those who are not in the right state of mind to have a weapon. This helps to stop incidents like the Sandy Hook from ever happening.They do have a main diffrence though, they are surrounded by countries that want to destroy them so this is a necessary action. Next Sweden teaches gun safety to all the students while they are in high school. This has the same effect as Israel, but they are not required to join the military, but they do have some of the lowest crime rates in the world. It is like this for one main reason, they have the best deterrent for crime. They all know how to use a gun and most people carry weapons. Just think do you want to mug someone when you know they have a gun? I know I would not. So both of these nations have gun safety laws not gun control laws, and they have some of the lowest crime rates in the world. I think our nation should take a queue from these two and model our gun rights after these nations.
No comments:
Post a Comment